Tlhopie Motsepe Biography: House, Age, Twitter, Net Worth, Father, Car, Twitter, Place of Birth, Pictures, Wife

Tlhopie Motsepe biography


Tlhopie Motsepe (born June 12, 1989) is a prominent South African businessperson. He is the son of the mining billionaire businessman Patrice Motsepe.

The 32-year-old is prominent for being a member of the wealthiest black family in South Africa. His father is very influential and owns the gold mining company African Rainbow Minerals.

In 2004, his father Patrice bought the Pretoria-based football club Mamelodi Sundowns F.C. Tlhopie is the club’s president.

Tlhopie Motsepe
Tlhopie Motsepe
Tlhopie Motsepe is a 33-years-old renowned South African businessman.
Quick Facts
Full Name:Tlhopie Motsepe
Born:June 12, 1989 (age 33 years)
Place of Birth:Durban, South Africa
Nationality:South African
Parents:Patrice Motsepe, Precious Moloi-Motsepe
Siblings:Kgosi Motsepe, Kabelo Motsepe
Company:ePower Holdings
Net Worth:US$3 million

Early Life

Tlhopie Motsepe is the son of the billionaire businessman Patrice Motsepe and fashion entrepreneur Precious Moloi-Motsepe. He was born on June 12, 1989 in Durban, South Africa.

Tlhopie has two siblings after him, Kgosi Motsepe and Kabelo Motsepe. The Motsepe family is influential, with many famous relatives and in-laws.

At twenty, his father gifted him an expensive car Supercharged B7 Audi RS4. 


Tlhopie Motsepe attended reputable primary and high school. After his matric, he enrolled at the University of Witwatersrand to study Law. 

After graduating with a degree in Law, he went on for his Master’s degree in Business Administration abroad.


Like his father, Thlopie is building a multi-faceted business. At a very young age, he became involved in the family business. He has been among the management of a football club his father bought.

Following the steps of his billionaire dad, Thlopie established a business after graduating. He is a founding member of ePower Holdings, a company that would cater to the local electricity needs.

Together with Rudi van der Westhuizen, Tariq Yusuf, and Brent Peterson, Thlopie Motsepe launched the company in September 2015. 

The company has grown exponentially as a source of solar energy in South Africa. With a cheaper renewable energy supply, ePower Holdings has reached people living in rural communities. 

In 2003, his father, Patrice Motsepe, bought over 51% shares of Mamelodi Sundowns. Later, he acquired the remaining 49% of the shares to make him the chairman and owner.

Tlhopie Motsepe is the current president of the Mamelodi Sundowns Football Club. Dr. Rejoice Simelane works as the vice president of the soccer team. Rejoice had worked as director and a member of the executive committee of PSL.

The club has performance has improved since she took over the position. 

Social Media

Tlhopie Motsepe doesn’t have an active social profile on Twitter and Instagram as of June 2022. He builds his business presence outside social media.

Personal Life

Tlhopie Motsepe lives in the city of Johannesburg, South Africa. Although, he has not mentioned anything about his wife in interviews. He is related to the female disk Jockey Mandisa Radebe, aka DBN Gogo.

Net Worth

Tlhopie Motsepe owns multi-million dollars worth of investments in South Africa. He has a net worth of US$3 million as of June 2022.


Is Tlhopie Motsepe a Billionaire?

Motsepe is one of the youngest billionaires in South Africa. He owns many lavish mansions and an exotic fleet of luxurious cars. The prominent businessman reportedly owns an expensive private jet.

Who is Tlhopie Motsepe?

Motsepe is the son of the billionaire Patrice Tlhopane Motsepe and Precious-Moloi-Motsepe. He is a co-founder of the solar company ePower Holdings.

How much is Tlhopie Motsepe worth in Rand?

Tlhopie Motsepe owns several mansions in South Africa. He has an estimated net worth of US$3 billion, which is 47.7 billion in Rand, as of June 2022. Other luxurious possessions he has are cars and an expensive private jet.

How old is Tlhopie Motsepe?

The oldest son of Patrice Motsepe is 33 years old. Tlhopie was born on June 12, 1989, in the coastal city of Durban in South Africa. Rumors have it that he has shares in African Rainbow Minerals.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.